During my period as a candidate, I will shake a lot of hands, make some speeches, kiss some babies, and plaster the neighborhood with posters.
- Making it to class three to four times per week
- Assistant teaching a few times a week
- Running 3x a week maintaining less than 16 minute two mile time
- Diligently doing my extras (100 pushups, abs, squats, and kicks) several times per week.
- And most importantly, making it to the weekly candidate class and performing well
I called my chiropractor and had him put in back in place which he did three times more during the week. By the end of the week, my hips and back seemed to be staying in place so this morning, a week after my first Saturday candidate class, I went to my second one. Today included some chuck katas which I didn't really have down. We worked chuck form one, two, and XMA chuck form. There was some bugo which I felt good on. And a timed two mile which I did in 15:21, easily under the required 16:00 but way short of my target of getting to 14:00 by the end of cycle.
All in all, it's great fun to be a Candidate. With a little cooperation from my back, shoulders, and feet, (plus from my job and family) it should be a wonderful cycle. How did I get so lucky?
PS - Anybody want to write up chuck form two for me? Anyone have a good video? Anyone want to perform?